ELEARNING INDUSTRY INC
Last revised on 25.5.2018
Scope of this cookies and internet advertising policy
1. What are cookies?
Cookies are small data files that are commonly stored on your device when you browse and use websites and online services. They are widely used to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide reporting information and assist with service or advertising personalization.
- Own Cookies are cookies that we are placed on your web browser by us when you visit our website.
- Third Party Cookies refers to cookies that are placed on your web browser by another party when you visit or use our website.
- Essential Cookies are cookies that are indispensable for visiting the website in order to be able to benefit from full functionality. If the use of this type of cookies is switched off, some parts of the website will not function as intended.
- Functionality Cookies are cookies that allow the website to remember choices you make and provide enhanced features. These cookies are also used to provide services you have asked for such as watching a video or commenting.
- Performance Analysis Cookies are cookies used to collect general information about the way in which visitors use the website. The information gathered through these cookies is used to make statistical analyses. These statistics offer us insight into how often our web pages are visited, on which pages visitors spend most time etc. This enables us to create the structure, navigation and content of our website in the most user-friendly way possible and allows for continuous improvement.
- Advertising Cookies are cookies that used to offer personalized and more relevant advertisements, to determine how many times a certain advertisement has already been shown, to calculate the effectiveness of a certain advertising campaign, to keep track of data from a previous visit and to share the data collected with the third parties involved, such as the advertisers. These cookies are used on website and placed on your device by third parties such as companies linked to us and our advertisers belonging to the advertising network of the website.
- Social Media Cookies are cookies that allow you to share the content of our website on social media and to enable other interaction with social media via our website.
3. How long are cookies stored on your device?
The period during which a Cookie is stored on the device you are browsing with depends on whether it is a Permanent Cookie or a Session Cookie. Session Cookies are only stored on a device until the web browser is closed. Permanent Cookies remain on the device after you have finished browsing until they expire or are deleted.
4. How can you disable Cookies placed on your device?
Usually it is possible to allow, disable or delete cookies via your web browser or device settings. If you wish to do so, follow the instructions provided by the web browser (usually in the "Help", "Tools" or "Edit" settings). You can also adjust the settings of the web browser in such a way that all cookies are refused or that it indicates when a cookie is being sent.
The following links allow you to disable or delete cookies depending on the web browser on which they are installed:
- Mozilla Firefox
- Google Chrome
- macOS - Safari - Apple
- Microsoft Edge
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 11
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 9
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 and 8
Please note that if you set your web browser or device settings to disable Cookies, You may not be able to access secure areas of the website/mobile application, other parts of the website/mobile application may also not work properly and its features may not function properly.
For more information on how to change your browser's Cookie settings, please visit www.allaboutCookies.org.
To manage the types of cookies eLearning Industry places on your device, visit our cookie preferences page.